We are the trusted connection between investment objectives and real estate and infrastructure development.
Our growing Project Delivery Team has an immediate need for a Project Manager based out of our office in Los Angeles. You will engage directly with major clients in both public and private sectors, real estate developers, and owners and operators. Our exciting portfolio of projects span across various sectors including Commercial, Residential, Retail, Hospital and many more. As a Project Manager, you will play an integral role in the continued growth of our Project Delivery Team within the California market and across the United States.
Like many other companies you can consider, we also cross all the t’s and dot all the i's for competitive compensation, bonuses, benefits that cover you and your family, vacation time and regular appraisals. But we offer a whole lot more for candidates who are the right fit for our team:
You will spend one-on-one time learning from BTY’s Partners, Directors and Service Line Experts who will work with you to develop outstanding long-term relationships with clients and industry partners;
We bring you to the decision-making table from the start and listen to your point of view when we’re going after some of the most exciting projects worldwide;
We foster a collaborative culture that develops inspiring, well-rounded leaders with technical and business expertise from diverse backgrounds;
- Your growth will never be limited to just your “backyard”. If you are excited by opportunities, learning new service lines or making your mark in a new market – you need to be part of the BTY team; and
- We think it’s important to truly enjoy where you work and enjoy the people you work with. Our Culture brings the right balance of great work ethic, social time and respecting your time.
- Work on large complex Project Management assignments, acting as the key, day-to-day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered on time and on budget;
- As the Owner’s Representative, take responsibility for project delivery from concept to occupancy;
- Ensure service excellence is delivered at the project level, working with and leading the entire project team;
- Develop and manage strategic project plans to meet the needs and goals of the Client, working with the Architect, Engineers, Contractor and Direct Vendors to achieve those goals;
- Document the status of the project, including design and construction meetings, key correspondence, project reports and ensure pertinent matters are communicated effectively to the whole project team;
- Preparation of estimates at various stages of the design process, from conceptual design to pre-tender stage;
- Assessment and analysis of any cost variances between estimate stages;
- Understands unit rates, general conditions and pricing estimates;
- Prepare front-end cost reports to support cost estimates;
- Provide pro-active project and cost management advice and ensure the Clients understand the content of our reports;
- Preparation of change orders review and analysis; manage change order procedures, understand changes to contract documents, pay applications, submittals and the administration of same;
- Assessment of cost-to-complete and work-in-place for construction work during periodic site visits;
- Maintain and update cost estimating database for labor and material rates on a regular basis;
- Support in the preparation of proposals; and
- Assist with business development activities by networking regularly to promote the business, cross-selling and making new client and industry relationships
Skills and Expertise:
- 5-7 years of relevant Project Management (Primarily local experience)
- Cost Management/Estimation experience is considered an asset;
- Professionally qualified: PMP, AIA, CCM etc. or other related accreditation;
- University degree or equivalent; Project Management, Cost Estimation, Architecture, Engineering (Civil, Structural, Mechanical), or equivalent in a related discipline;
- An understanding of project delivery models, including, construction management, design-bid-build;
- Experience managing projects through design, procurement and construction;
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to liaise confidently and build relationships with people at all levels;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly articulate issues and frame solutions in a compelling manner;
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks;
- Strong practical experience using MS Office and MS Project;
- Proven strategic thinker; and
- Proven ability to manage client relationships.
Ready to apply? Submit your résumé! For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We value people before process. From building great relationships with clients and industry partners, to supporting the goals of team members in and out of the office; at BTY, you get to bring your whole self to help us achieve a shared vision for success.
Visit our website to learn more about our services, markets and the people behind our success.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram & Twitter to stay connected
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. On this occasion, we request no outside solicitation from recruitment agencies. Thank you for your interest and please keep a close eye on our website for all future positions.