BTY is an award-winning professional consultancy providing complete project solutions in real estate and infrastructure asset planning, development, operations, and transactions. With a portfolio of projects valued at over $100B, our experience spans across industries, sectors, and continents.
We stand by our commitment to creating and sustaining an environment that is meaningful as it is inspiring, by fostering alliance, collaboration, and purpose. People here have a voice to discuss ideas, a role to play within an inclusive team, and support for well-being and professional development. Work on high-impact engaging projects that support the health of the communities we engage with. Let’s change the world together.
Our Project Monitoring & Lenders' Services team is looking for a Project Accountant to join us in Phoenix as soon as possible.
What You Get To Do
- Work and assist on projects per month with Directors and other technical staff
- Support in the edit/format and completion of initial and monthly reports
- Ensure all project monitoring operating policies and procedures are understood and consistently applied
- Clearly define any issues with reports prior to final issue
- Provide regular updates to line manager on report progres
- On the job training, coaching, mentoring and learning from experiences of others
- Undertake a critical review of general contractor pay applications and supporting documents including subcontractor back-up and lien waivers
- Assess completeness of monthly construction draw including noting missing items
- Identify releases of retention on monthly pay applications
- Review and comment on project close-out documents required by contract
- Organize contract documents (contracts, schedule, permits, budget, etc.) at the beginning of a project for report preparation
- Support in the preparation of proposals
What You'll Bring
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in a similar role within construction industry.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office; advanced courses undertaken in MS Office would be preferred
- College Degree or equivalent to Engineering, Construction / Contracting or related field
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills combined with sound judgment and initiative;
- Self-motivated with good organizational, communication and report writing skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment and ability to work to own initiatives;
- Understanding of the construction industry - development, contracting and consultant services;
- Passion for business development and managing client relationships;
- Hold a valid driver's license;
- Legally eligible to work in US
Why Consider our Team?
- Work on meaningful projects that impacts communities globally;
- Enjoy workplace flexibility with the freedom from a hybrid program;
- Receive a competitive compensation package;
- Advance your career with continuous learning and professional development opportunities;
- Receive health and well-being support through our Employee Assistance Program; and
- Get involved in team building and community support activities with a team who have been certified Best Place to Work for 4 years in a row by our employees and Great Place to Work®.
Visit our website to learn more about our services, markets and the people behind our success. Follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram & Twitter to stay connected.
On this occasion, we request no outside solicitation from recruitment agencies.