Our Culture is designed to inspire big ideas, equip you with well-rounded technical and business skills, and offers a truly collaborative team approach to deliver successful and exciting projects. BTY is an award-winning professional consultancy providing complete project solutions in real estate and infrastructure asset planning, development, operations, and transactions. Established in 1978, the privately owned firm's offices are based in the Americas, Europe, and the Middle East, with a multi-sector global portfolio of projects valued at over $100 billion. BTY's core services include Infrastructure Advisory, Project Management, Project Loan Monitoring and Cost Management, supported by proprietary data and digital technology solutions.
Our Project Delivery Team are looking for a Project Manager based out of our office in Tampa. Reporting to the team Lead, you will ensure projects are managed in an efficient and effective manner, meeting the needs of the client in terms of cost, time and quality. The Project Manager will be expected to work with both public and private sector clients on small – mid scale projects. This is an exciting and fast-paced role, and the team member will thrive under the challenge of deadlines and managing high volumes of work.
What You Get To Do
- Work on large complex Project Management assignments, acting as the key, day-to-day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered on time and on budget;
- As the Owner’s Representative, take responsibility for project delivery from concept to occupancy;
- Ensure service excellence is delivered at the project level, working with and leading the entire project team;
- Develop and manage strategic project plans to meet the needs and goals of the Client, working with the Architect, Engineers, Contractor and Direct Vendors to achieve those goals;
- Document the status of the project, including design and construction meetings, key correspondence, project reports and ensure pertinent matters are communicated effectively to the whole project team;
- Preparation of estimates at various stages of the design process, from conceptual design to pre-tender stage;
- Assessment and analysis of any cost variances between estimate stages;
- Understands unit rates, general conditions and pricing estimates;
- Prepare front-end cost reports to support cost estimates;
- Provide pro-active project and cost management advice and ensure the Clients understand the content of our reports;
- Preparation of change orders review and analysis; manage change order procedures, understand changes to contract documents, pay applications, submittals and the administration of same;
- Assessment of cost-to-complete and work-in-place for construction work during periodic site visits;
- Maintain and update cost estimating database for labor and material rates on a regular basis;
- Support in the preparation of proposals;
- Assist with business development activities by networking regularly to promote the business, cross-selling and making new client and industry relationships;
- Accountable for coordinating workload and team resources
- Review of utilization rates and staff efficiency
- Follow up on invoices and payments
- Ensures all operating policies and procedures are understood and consistently applied
- Actively takes part in the organisation and lead team meetings
- Conducts the review and evaluation of contribution review conversations (CRCs) with designated team members such as Project Coordinators
- Mentors all team members
- Coordinates and assists in recruiting, training, and coaching team members
- Commitment to the highest standard of quality in all reports and projects
- Regular interaction with Regional Director to develop targeted marketing
strategy to secure new mandates
- Continuous communication links to the Partners and Regional Director
- Understands the decision-making processes, subject to agree upon levels of hierarchy
- Attendance at monthly Director meetings
- Conducts continuous business development activities
- Networks regularly promoting the business, cross-selling and building new contacts
- Ensuring that you are the ‘first point of call’ when your client needs assistance - remaining contactable, flexible or making sure their needs are addressed in your absence
- Enhancing client relationships to secure repeat work
- Understand local market, key industry players and upcoming projects
- Remain focused on client service in all interactions with team members and clients
- General understanding of who our clients are and terms of our engagement; learn why clients do business with BTY
What You'll Need to Succeed
- 5 to 8 years of project management or construction management experience on capital projects
- University Degree or equivalent preferred in the following, Project
- Management, Cost Estimation, Architecture, Engineering (Civil, Structural, Mechanical)
Professional Certification preferred (PMP, AIA, CCM etc.)
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills combined with sound judgment and initiative
- Self-motivated with good organizational, communication and report writing skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and ability to work to own initiatives
- Computer literate
- Financially and commercially content
- Interactive and collaborative with other team members
- Responsive to internal and external stakeholder requests
- Ability to build working relationships
- Demonstrates attention to detail to produce quality work
- Good time management and meets deadlines
- Willingly shares knowledge with others
Why Consider our Team?
You want a work culture you truly enjoy, with strong team camaraderie, and a collaborative and fun atmosphere that inspires big ideas, continuous learning and endless opportunities to tackle high impact engaging projects.
- Competitive compensation packages, including bonuses and regular appraisals;
- Benefits that cover you and your family;
- Matching contributions to your 401k;
- Above average vacation time;
- Professional development & continued education support;
- Social activities and community involvement;
- A diverse culture with the right balance of great work ethic, social time and respecting your time;
- Endless opportunities to learn and apply emerging trends in real estate, infrastructure and energy industries; and
- Inclusive decision-making and high emphasis on collaboration to work with multinational clients in global sectors.
We have been certified Best Place to Work for the last two years by our employees and Great Place to Work®
Ready to apply? Submit your résumé! For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We value people before process. From building great relationships with clients and industry partners, to supporting the goals of team members in and out of the office; at BTY, you get to bring your whole self to help us achieve a shared vision for success.
Visit our website to learn more about our services, markets and the people behind our success.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram & Twitter to stay connected
We are committed to employment equity and welcome application from everyone. We wish to thank all the applications for their interest and efforts in applying.
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. On this occasion, we request no outside solicitation from recruitment agencies. Thank you for your interest and please keep a close eye on our website for all future positions.