BTY is an award-winning professional consultancy providing complete project solutions in real estate and infrastructure asset planning, development, operations, and transactions. Established in 1978, the privately owned firm's offices are based in the Americas, Europe, and the Middle East, with a multi-sector global portfolio of projects valued at over $100 billion. BTY's core services include Infrastructure Advisory, Project Management, Project Loan Monitoring and Cost Management, supported by proprietary data and digital technology solutions.
Our Dublin team are looking for an Associate Director - Independent Certification based out of our office in Dublin to join us in October 2021.
The role is proposed to be focused on the Assigned Certifier and Independent Tester service line, however, from time to time the successful candidate may be exposed to other service lines to broaden their experience to ensure the joint success of the role and the ongoing growth of BTY.
Your Day to Day
- Monitor drawings and documents related to the Development of the Design and provide an opinion on progress in the event of a dispute
- Monitor monthly DB progress report and provide comment
- Produce monthly progress reports and intermittent inspection reports
- Chair project meetings and client relationship for delivery of the respective scope of work
- Conduct site inspections of the works to ensure the projects are progressing in accordance with the schedule, health and safety audit and supervision, technical and regulatory inspections and contractual requirements
- Review information related to variations, claims, delay notices, and consult with relevant parties to seek agreement
- Review commissioning plan, the proposed tests/methodology and process
- Monitor commissioning tests and results to ensure compliance with contractual obligations
- Review of defects process to ensure its suitable for the application, monitoring the defects list as the process matures
- Manage and close-out the checklist, capturing all contractual obligations prior to completion
- Issuance of Certificate of completion in line with contractual requirements and timescales
- Establishing a wholistic reporting, inspection, compliance and diligence system to ensure a 360 view of projects for our clients
- Accountable for coordinating workload and team resources
- Ensures all operating policies and procedures are understood and consistently applied
- Actively takes part in the organisation and lead team and client meetings
- Mentors Senior Project Consultants and Project Consultants
- Commitment to the highest standard of quality in all reports and projects
- Accountable for assisting the development of financial goals for the Certification Services service line in accordance with the 5-Year Business Plan
- Continuous collaboration and communication links to Directors
- Regular interaction with peers and counterparts in the other Regions to promote best practice techniques
- Conducts continuous business development opportunities
- Networks regularly promoting the business, cross-selling and building new contacts and clients
- Maintains and enhances existing client relationships
- Understands local market and key industry players
- Preparation of technical components and fees for proposals
- Understanding of all service lines and seeking cross selling opportunities
- Meets key clients on a regular basis
- Works with Directors across the Region to improve service delivery
- Ensures all reports meet client terms of engagement
- Commercial awareness of business trends and impacts on the real estate and construction industries in local market
- Generate new business opportunities
What You Need to Succeed
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of related experience
- University Degree or equivalent to any of the following, Building Surveying, Architecture, and Engineering or equivalent
- Professional qualification in place or obtained:
- Architects that are on a register under Part 3 of the Building Control Act 2007, or
- Building Surveyors that are on a register under Part 5 of the Building Control Act 2007, or
- Chartered Engineers under Section 7 of the Institution of Civil Engineers of Ireland (Charter Amendment) Act 1969.
- 3 years of management or leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to liaise confidently, and build relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution abilities, especially when involving multiple stakeholders
- Proven analytical and strategic thinker; and able to clearly articulate issues and frame solutions in a compelling manner
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail to produce quality work
- Ability to prioritize tasks; and deliver services under pressure with tight deadlines
- Strong business acumen and financial analysis skills
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity, honesty and ethics
Why Consider our Team?
You want a work culture you truly enjoy, with strong team camaraderie, and a collaborative and fun atmosphere that inspires big ideas, continuous learning and endless opportunities to tackle high impact engaging projects.
- Competitive compensation packages, including retirement plan, bonuses, benefits that cover you and your family and regular appraisals;
- Above average vacation time;
- Professional development & continued education support;
- Social activities and community involvement;
- A diverse culture with the right balance of great work ethic, social time and respecting your time;
- Endless opportunities to learn and apply emerging trends in real estate, infrastructure and energy industries; and
- Inclusive decision-making and high emphasis on collaboration to work with multinational clients in global sectors.
Our Guiding Principles:
- We are ambitious, entrepreneurial professionals who achieve success together.
- We strive for excellence and hold each other to account.
- We trust and respect each other and enjoy the easy camaraderie of working as a team.
- We speak up and listen to each other because everyone’s ideas matter.
- We act on opportunities to establish and expand our relationships.
We have been certified Best Place to Work for the last two years by our employees and Great Place to Work®
Ready to apply? Submit your résumé! For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We value people before process. From building great relationships with clients and industry partners, to supporting the goals of team members in and out of the office; at BTY, you get to bring your whole self to help us achieve a shared vision for success.
Visit our website to learn more about our services, markets and the people behind our success.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram & Twitter to stay connected
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. On this occasion, we request no outside solicitation from recruitment agencies. Thank you for your interest and please keep a close eye on our website for all future positions.