Our Culture is designed to inspire big ideas, equip you with well-rounded technical and business skills, and offers a truly collaborative team approach to deliver successful and exciting projects. BTY is an award-winning professional consultancy providing complete project solutions in real estate and infrastructure asset planning, development, operations, and transactions. Established in 1978, the privately owned firm's offices are based in the Americas, Europe, and the Middle East, with a multi-sector global portfolio of projects valued at over $100 billion. BTY's core services include Infrastructure Advisory, Project Management, Project Loan Monitoring and Cost Management, supported by proprietary data and digital technology solutions.
Our Cost Management team are looking for a Senior Cost Consultant based out of our office in Toronto to join us as soon as possible.
What You Get To Do
- Quantification of materials using BTY’s measurement software to prepare cost estimates in accordance with the CIQS Rules of Measurement and best practice
- Understands unit rates, general conditions and pricing estimates
- Prepare front-end cost reports to support cost estimates
- Provide pro-active cost management advise and ensure the Clients understand the content of our reports
- Attend periodic site inspections
- Preparation of estimates in accordance with the CIQS elemental format and, where required, divisional trade format
- Preparation of estimates at various stages of the design process, from conceptual design to pre-tender stage
- Conduct quality assurance and quality checks (QA/QC) of cost management reports
- Assessment and analysis of any cost variances between estimate stages
- Preparation of change order review analysis and lifecycle cost estimates
- Assessment of cost-to-complete and work-in-place for construction work during periodic site visits
- Attend meetings and presentations as required
- Maintain and update cost estimating database for labour and material rates on a regular basis
- Business Development & Client Care
What You'll Have
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- University Degree or equivalent to any of the following, Quantity Surveying, Construction, and Structural and Civil Engineering
- Working towards professional accreditation (CIQS, PQS, MRICS)
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of all classes of estimates from conceptual to pre-tender estimates for various types of projects
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the application of the practices and procedures involved in the cost management role
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills combined with sound judgment and initiative
- Self-motivated with good organizational, communication and report writing skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and ability to work to own initiatives
- Computer literate with good knowledge and understanding of computer based estimating software such as Timberline, electronic spreadsheets, cost database management and other related computer applications
- Financially and commercially content
- Interactive and collaborative with other team members
- Responsive to internal and external stakeholder requests
- Ability to build working relationships
- Demonstrates attention to detail to produce quality work
- Good time management and meets deadlines
- Hold a valid driver's license;
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
Why Consider our Team?
You want a work culture you truly enjoy, with strong team camaraderie, and a collaborative and fun atmosphere that inspires big ideas, continuous learning and endless opportunities to tackle high impact engaging projects.
- Competitive compensation packages, including bonuses and regular appraisals;
- Benefits that cover you and your family;
- Above average vacation time;
- Professional development & continued education support;
- Social activities and community involvement;
- A diverse culture with the right balance of great work ethic, social time and respecting your time;
- Endless opportunities to learn and apply emerging trends in real estate, infrastructure and energy industries; and
- Inclusive decision-making and high emphasis on collaboration to work with multinational clients in global sectors.
Our Guiding Principles:
- We are ambitious, entrepreneurial professionals who achieve success together.
- We strive for excellence and hold each other to account.
- We trust and respect each other and enjoy the easy camaraderie of working as a team.
- We speak up and listen to each other because everyone’s ideas matter.
- We act on opportunities to establish and expand our relationships.
We have been certified Best Place to Work for the last two years by our employees and Great Place to Work®
Ready to apply? Submit your résumé! For more information, contact us at email@example.com
We value people before process. From building great relationships with clients and industry partners, to supporting the goals of team members in and out of the office; at BTY, you get to bring your whole self to help us achieve a shared vision for success.
Visit our website to learn more about our services, markets and the people behind our success.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram & Twitter to stay connected
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. On this occasion, we request no outside solicitation from recruitment agencies. Thank you for your interest and please keep a close eye on our website for all future positions.