BTY is an award-winning professional consultancy providing complete project solutions in real estate and infrastructure asset planning, development, operations, and transactions. Established in 1978, the privately owned firm's offices are based in the Americas, Europe, and the Middle East, with a multi-sector global portfolio of projects valued at over $100 billion. BTY's core services include Infrastructure Advisory, Project Management, Project Monitoring and Cost Management, supported by proprietary data and digital technology solutions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Junior Cost Consultant to join our Cost Management team. This is a full-time role based in Toronto within a flexible office/remote/work-from-home environment.
What You Get To Do
- Understands unit rates, general conditions and pricing estimates
- Prepare front-end cost reports to support cost estimates
- Provide pro-active cost management advise and ensure the Clients understand the content of our reports
- Attend periodic site inspections
- Preparation of estimates in accordance with the CIQS elemental format and, where required, divisional trade format
What You'll Bring
- 0 - 2 years of relevant cost estimating experience;
- College or University degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying, Construction, Estimating;
- Working towards professional designation is considered an asset: PQS, MRICS;
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills combined with sound judgment and initiative;
- Self-motivated with good organizational, communication and report writing skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment and ability to work to own initiatives;
- Understanding of the construction industry - procurement, scheduling, lifecycle cost analysis, value management;
- Passion for business development and managing client relationships;
- Legally eligible to work in Canada; and
- A combination of experience and education will be considered
Why Consider our Team?
You want a work culture you truly enjoy, with strong team camaraderie, and a collaborative and fun atmosphere that inspires big ideas, continuous learning and endless opportunities to tackle high impact engaging projects.
- Competitive compensation packages, including retirement plan, bonuses, benefits that cover you and your family and regular appraisals;
- Above average vacation time;
- Professional development & continued education support;
- Social activities and community involvement;
- A diverse culture with the right balance of great work ethic, social time and respecting your time;
- Endless opportunities to learn and apply emerging trends in real estate, infrastructure and energy industries; and
- Inclusive decision-making and high emphasis on collaboration to work with multinational clients in global sectors.
Our Guiding Principles:
- We are ambitious, entrepreneurial professionals who achieve success together.
- We strive for excellence and hold each other to account.
- We trust and respect each other and enjoy the easy camaraderie of working as a team.
- We speak up and listen to each other because everyone’s ideas matter.
- We act on opportunities to establish and expand our relationships.
We have been certified Best Place to Work for the last two years by our employees and Great Place to Work®
Ready to apply? Submit your résumé by clicking the Apply button above. For more information, contact us at email@example.com
Visit our website to learn more about our services, markets and the people behind our success.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter to stay connected.
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. On this occasion, we request no outside solicitation from recruitment agencies. Thank you for your interest and please keep a close eye on our website for all future positions.