Our Accounting team at Dale Fan & Associates Inc. is a small, young, dog-loving, tech savvy CPA public accounting firm located in Vancouver, BC--half old school, half new school. They provide accounting services in traditional ways as well as virtually through leveraging new technology and applications. With every issue or problem that a client presents, they bring an open-mind along with resourceful recommendations to the table and expect their new hires to quickly do the same. Their mantra is to provide absolute value through their intense client focus and effective accounting services.
What you can expect from them:
- Collective team, results-oriented, respectful atmosphere and zero negativity workplace--DFA is a no office politics zone and we neither have the time nor energy to entertain that sort of stuff. Egos are left at the door.
- The opportunity for your growth and more responsibility if desired
- A challenge
Their job application/interview process for our successful candidates generally looks like this:
- Review of your job application
- Phone interview
- Interview with a manager
- Employment offer
- Prepare and analyze financial statements for entities assigned by the Controller
- Review intercompany transactions and reconcile intercompany balances
- Prepare monthly consolidation worksheet for various asset groups, including elimination entries and foreign exchange translation
- Support budget and forecasting activities
- Monitor and analyze department activities to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Perform technical accounting research on complex accounting topics
- Prepare year-end working papers for reviews and assist with year-end completion
- Review work performed by staff accountants, supervise and provide training as needed
- Provide feedback and training when required
- Work with tax specialists and ensure compliance with various tax jurisdictions
- Complete ad hoc tasks as requested
- Systems setup & support
- Other filings such as GST, PST, WCB, elections
The expectation is that you will learn quickly and gain mastery of the simpler tasks and eventually move on to more complicated/involved ones. In the future, the aim is for you to mentor new team members and help improve workflow at DFA.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience at a senior accounting level in a private firm
- University degree in Accounting and/or working towards an Accounting Designation (CPA or equivalent)
- Experience in public practice and industry is required
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Strong computer skills and proficient in MS Office Suite
- Experience with Net Suite is considered a strong asset
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- A natural desire to learn and demonstrate reliability and responsibility
- Ability to lead a team, manage the monthly reporting process, communicate effectively with all the levels of the organization
- Great communication skills in both written and verbal form--clear and concise without giving the impression of being rude
- Ability to monitor deadlines and prioritize workflow
Ready to apply? Submit your résumé before May 7, 2021 email@example.com.
Visit their website at https://www.dalefancpa.ca/careers to learn more about their services, markets and the people behind their success.