Our Culture is designed to inspire big ideas, equip you with well-rounded technical and business skills, and offers a truly collaborative team approach to deliver successful and exciting projects. BTY is an award-winning professional consultancy providing complete project solutions in real estate and infrastructure asset planning, development, operations, and transactions. Established in 1978, the privately owned firm's offices are based in the Americas, Europe, and the Middle East, with a multi-sector global portfolio of projects valued at over $100 billion. BTY's core services include Infrastructure Advisory, Project Management, Project Monitoring and Cost Management, supported by proprietary data and digital technology solutions.
Our Project Delivery Team are looking for a Project Manager based out of our office in Toronto with strong mechanical and electrical skills.
Why Consider our Team?
You want a work culture you truly enjoy, with strong team camaraderie, and a collaborative and fun atmosphere that inspires big ideas, continuous learning and endless opportunities to tackle high impact engaging projects.
- Competitive compensation packages, including bonuses and regular appraisals;
- Benefits that cover you and your family;
- Above average vacation time;
- Professional development & continued education support;
- Social activities and community involvement;
- A diverse culture with the right balance of great work ethic, social time and respecting your time;
- Endless opportunities to learn and apply emerging trends in real estate, infrastructure and energy industries; and
- Inclusive decision-making and high emphasis on collaboration to work with multinational clients in global sectors.
We have been certified Best Place to Work for the last two years by our employees and Great Place to Work®
What You Get To Do
- Acting as the key, day-to-day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered on time and on budget;
- As the Owner’s Representative, take responsibility from concept to occupancy;
- Collaborate with engineers, architects and other stakeholders from start to finish with attention to budgetary schedule and design constraints;
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements;
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports;
- Plan construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines are met;
- Support in the preparation of proposals;
- Assist with continuous business development activities;
- Network regularly to promote the business, cross-selling and building new client relationships;
What You'll Have
- 3-5 years of proven Mechanical Project Management experience;
- 2-3 years of proven owner's representative experience;
- Professionally qualified or working towards: PMP, and/or P.Eng;
- Experience in the energy or heavy civil sector is considered an asset;
- University degree or equivalent; Construction Project Management, Engineering.
- An understanding of project delivery models, including, construction management, and design-bid-build;
- Experience managing projects through design, procurement and construction;
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to liaise confidently and build relationships;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly articulate issues and frame solutions;
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks;
- Strong practical experience using MS Office and MS Project;
- Passion for business development and managing client relationships;
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada; and
- Will consider a combination of both education and years of experience
Ready to apply? Submit your résumé by clicking the Apply button above. For more information, contact us at email@example.com
We value people before process. From building great relationships with clients and industry partners, to supporting the goals of team members in and out of the office; at BTY, you get to bring your whole self to help us achieve a shared vision for success.
Visit our website to learn more about our services, markets and the people behind our success.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram to stay connected.
Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. On this occasion, we request no outside solicitation from recruitment agencies. Thank you for your interest and please keep a close eye on our website for all future positions.